Education facilities of the Faculty of Agriculture are given General description section. In addition to these a total of 23 laboratories are available in the field of biotechnology, molecular biology, post-harvest physiology, pomology and cytology, phytopathology, entomology, agricultural machinery, soil and plant nutrition, animal genetics and animal nutrition.
The Faculty has two research and application farms namely Campus and Aksu. The Campus Farm consists of open and protected production areas, livestock facilities and workshops. The farm is of 1,5 hectares of greenhouse (glass and plastic), 7 hectares of field for agronomical trials, poultry (10 000 quail, 5 000 head chickens), 100 head dairy cattle breeding facility, bumblebee production facility and 1.5 ton daily capacity milk processing facility. Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, watermelons, winter vegetables, sweet potatoes, daily milk, buttermilk, yoghurt, cream, cheese and chicken and quail eggs are produced in these areas. Aksu Farm is located in Aksu town, 20 km from Antalya downtown. Wheat, corn and fodder crops are cultivated in the farm covering 110 hectares land.
Sustainable Integrated Agriculture Project
Our sustainable integrated agriculture efforts have been ongoing since 2005. Thanks to this important project, it is aimed that different disciplines in our faculty work together to ensure the sustainable cycle in production. This cycle is given below;
- The roughage and silage requirement of the cattle farm is met by producing feed crops and corn for silage,
- The milk obtained from the cattle farm is transferred to the milk processing facility in order to produce yoghurt, buttermilk, butter, ice cream, kefir, etc.,
- Accumulated animal waste by cattle farm will be converted into bioenergy in the Biogas Facility and will be used for heating in greenhouses in winter. The compost resulted from this process will be used as fertilizer in the production of organic vegetables and fruits
With this integrated Project;
- Students will be provided with the opportunity to practice at every stage of this production, and topics such as integrated production, sustainable agriculture, and food safety that are prevailing in recent years, will be taught through practicing.
- Essential environments will be provided to our faculty to conduct interdisciplinary studies.
- This project will be an example for the producers and investors of the region who do not have enough knowledge about integrated and sustainable production.
- Especially natural and safe products will be offered to staffs and cafeterias of the university.
Son güncelleme : 11.10.2022 14:22:43